Monday, March 31, 2008

All He Does is Score Goals

Jason Kreis on Cuahtemoc Blanco: "[Besides the goal,] I don't think he did anything else but run around and whine." (after Blanco scored a game-tying goal for the Chicago Fire against Kreis' Real Salt Lake).
http://media.www.dailyutahchronicle.com/media/storage/paper244/news/2008/03/31/Sports/Mls-New.Rules.Allow.For.Rougher.Play-3292094.shtml

Reminds me a little of Buddy Ryan explaining why he cut Cris Carter: "All he does is catch touchdowns."

Yes, Cuah whines a lot. My ex-girlfriend thinks he's a travesty to the game of soccer (but that was not the dealbreaker, for what it's worth-- the dealbreaker was when she questioned whether Michael Bradley deserved a spot on the national team. I mean, really, do you want your children raised by someone who thinks that?)

Me, I'm just glad that the Blanco circus is in MLS. I can't say I always enjoy his antics (especially not against the US national team), but here's a guy that makes you feel passionate about futbol. And once in a while, he scores a goal, just to break up the monotony of running around and whining.

No comments: